Friday, November 7, 2008

Celebrating Edward

Our youngest son, Edward's real birthday is December 23rd. We were worried that his birthday would get lost in the Christmas holiday, so we have always celebrated it on his adoption day, which is October 27th.
This year, we had two celebrations and one of them was at his brother Nole's house on the evening of Halloween. This picture shows Edward (in the middle) with two of his favorite "big guys". His brother Nole is the pirate and his causin Matt is in the red ball cap. Both these guys have been good influences on Edward and he admires them both.
Edward is turning 18 this year, which is very hard to believe. It seems like not very long ago, that he was a tiny little guy asking a million questions and making us laugh. He still makes us laugh, he has a great sense of humor.

You never know, what God has for your life. I never would have guessed that I would have the honor of raising my sister's son. I know she would have wanted more than anything to have raised him herself, and yet she was brave enough and loved him enough to let us do it.
I'm sure God has wonderful plans for Edward's life. We as a family will be watching to see what those are. We are thankful for all that He has already done and we praise Him for letting us be a part of Edward's life in such an intimate way. Every time he learned something new or had a mile-stone experience I always thanked God that we were there to see it, and I asked Him to be a comfort to my sister who was unable to be.
It is my prayer that some day Edward will recognize all that God has done for him. All the love He has for him and the great sacrifice his mother made for him.
We love you Edward.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Aww I wish we could have been there. I can not believe Edward is 18! And I can not believe what an amazing man he has turned out to be. Haha I guess I can believ it what with the great parents he had and all;-) I can not wait to see what he does with his life!

Emma said...

WAIT!!!!! Does Edward have beard face!?! Oh it's so grown up and handsome! I love it!