Thursday, November 13, 2008

An Old Blouse = New Outfit For Gwen

My daughter AnnaMae showed me a blog where the girl had made some darling little girl skirts and was selling them. I thought it would be fun to make my sweet granddaughters a skirt, and so my mind began to think on it. I remembered that the last time I cleaned my closet I had set aside two blouses that I never wore, but couldn't part with because I loved their fabric. I pulled out these blouses and after calling the mommies for waist measurements, set to work.
My first project is for Gwendolyn because I get to go see her this weekend. She has the most beautiful blue eyes and I thought this fabric suited her.
I also found a little boys white T-shirt in my stash and decided to revamp it for little Gwennie.
I cut it down to fit her, added the blouse neck trim to the tiny neck-line, embroidered flowers on the sleeves and added a fabric pocket, tiny ties and a pink crocheted flower.
All-in-all, I like the way this project turned out. I hope it fits Gwendolyn. I can imagine this little outfit for winter with heavy weave stockings and brown leather shoes.
*Stay tuned for project number two: A little skirt for Avery Bay...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You amaze me! I am always so impressed by what you can create, whether it is out of fabric from a pile of clothes, or a home out of stuff from the goodwill. I guess that explains why you tolerate me!