Monday, February 16, 2009

Blossoms in the snow...


It's snowing really hard outside, as I type. The tree branches are bending low with the weight of so much snow. It's a beautiful winter wonderland where I live. We won't be seeing signs of spring for quite awhile here...
So, you can imagine my glee to find two delicate, white jasmine flowers blooming inside my home!
Jeff bought this jasmine for me to set next to the front door last summer. When the weather became cold and I put away all my potted plants, the jasmine was still so pretty, I brought it inside.
I kept moving it around (mostly because it's big, and it was in the way), until it landed next to our sliding glass doors that face the back of the house. The sun comes through these windows every day and the jasmine seemed happy there.
Well, just recently, long, fresh limbs began to grow and vine around the older branches, fresh baby leaves began to unfirl, and wonder of wonders, two little blossoms opened their faces to the sun.
If you get close enough, you can even smell their sweet fragrance.
Spring may be far off here at Hume Lake, but my jasmine doesn't seem to care.
Hopefully, it will take residence near the front door again and bless us with more of it's sweet flowers. Until then, I'm content with these two.

2 comments:

Emma said...

How cute! I grew that bulb you gave me but in the move it died:-/ heehee when we get in our new place I will plant another one, I enjoyed it a lot and it made me think of you when I saw it:-)

P.S. Cody was actually the one who kept it alive, watering it and turning it every day so it kept growing up, what a sweet husband

humeangel's practical gluten-free said...

I am so jealous since I have a black thumb. Griff won't let me buy plants anymore.