Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Fresh Look

We have never spent any real money on our bedroom. It always seems like we choose to spend the money on other parts of the house. So,the last time we were in town, I began dreaming about a new bedroom look and asked my husband Jeff, if we could spend some money. He said we needed to wait a few more months and then we could do it "right". So, later that week, I took almost everything out of our room, cleaned it really well and used some old things to give it a new look.
I wish I had a "before" picture. But, you'll have to use your imagination. We had two small vintage tables with old green paint on them, bedding in muted red and tans, and lots of odds and ends for decoration.
I thought a clean white look might make the room look bigger, so this is what I ended up with. Jeff likes it a lot, and I'm fighting the urge to add some color.
What do you think?

2 comments:

Emma said...

I LOVE it:-) It all looks great together as is, but I could see a touch of color being cute too! Your so creative. we dont have money either but my goal is to find the cheapest cutest cover for our bed, I cant stand the idea of our nice one getting recked at this house so im going to put it away for a while:-( maybe I will do white like you

annamae said...

it looks so clean and relaxing! If you do add color it should be subtle and maintain the relaxation feel...I love it though, makes me want to get my room in order. after we move perhaps.