Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day with my Guy


My husband and I had the BEST Valentine's Day weekend ever! No, we didn't go away to the coast, or stay in a beautiful Inn somewhere. We just had a blast at home. Now, we do live in a beautiful place, but that wasn't what made it so special. Honestly, it was the fact that we just love being together.
We have been married now for 27 years and our love and passion for eachother is amazing! I feel so blessed.
Jeff gave me a darling basket filled with bath stuff, candles, chocolates, chick flicks, home magazines etc... He also brought home all kinds of fun picnic type foods and we had a picnic in front of the fireplace. We talked about all our Valentine's Day memories from our lives and remembered a similar picnic we had in England one time together.
Our son, Edward wasn't home for most of the day on Valentine's Day, so we got a sneak peek at what the "empty nest" will be like :)
I love my husband more than anyone else on this earth. He is God's richest blessing in my life.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Sounds so nice:-) And you guys are a blessing to all of us to and a constant reminder of what working hard on a marriage looks like, and that it majorly pays off! I hope me and Cody are just as happy as you guys 27 years from now;-) Its our goal

Unknown said...

What a blessing that the Lord led you to share your adventure with others and give hope!