Friday, April 4, 2008

Oh, Dear, I love Deer...


I really do love deer. I have an ever growing collection of vintage deer in my home. Maybe it is because my parents took me to the mountains often and my father, a hunter was always pointing out the deer that he would see. He would talk about their beauty, the size of their antlers etc... with such joy and respect. I guess I couldn't help but like them too. These two belonged to my sweet mama. She is no longer here with me on earth, but the memory of her is all around my house. I think of her often and am so thankful for all the awesome things she taught me. Just recently, one of my girls thanked me for passing on a bit of wisdom to them and I smiled inside, because I had gotten it from my mom. I praise God for both of my parents. I miss them both so much. Treasure the time you have with your parents, it is a gift.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great words! So you're beautiful and can write, too! It is fun see you create through your blog.

Is that picture on the mantle your real dear?

annamae said...

i do treasure the time i spend with you and daddy, just wish there could be more of it. but it's so fun that you're online now! phone calls just weren't enough lol :) love you!