Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mini Berry Cobblers

Yesterday I made berry cobblers for my son Edward. I had been looking for a good pie crust recipe and recently a friend gave me this one. It is the kind of crust that you just pat into the pie plate. It doesn't roll out, so it isn't good for pies with tops on them. However, I was making tiny cobblers, so I did place a piece of patted dough on the top before baking. I baked these little guys on 350 degrees until they were golden brown and bubbly. I filled them with mixed berries (the frozen kind) that I added some sugar and a tablespoon of cornstarch to. I sprinkled the top with sugar before I put them in the oven. They were so good warm. We wished we had vanilla ice cream to put on top, but a little milk was tasty too.

Pie Crust Recipe
1 1/2 Cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 T sugar
2 T milk
1/2 Cup oil
Mix all together in a bowl with a
fork until it is kind of moist.
Press into pie plate with fingers

3 comments:

annamae said...

mmmmmmm that looks yummy! I think i'll have to try it once it gets cold here again. :)

Anonymous said...

how fun :]

paperlilley said...

oooh, that looks so good! i have to try it!