Friday, January 30, 2009

Finger-less Gloves

My friend Elisa gave this pattern to me because she thought it was a good, easy, first project. These gloves are knit on small double point needles in the round and were really fun to make! I think the biggest thing I learned was reading the pattern. Elisa had to translate several times, but I have almost completed the second glove and I haven't had to call her once :) As you can see, by the photos, it is a simple rib stitch for most of the gloves, but the thumb gusset was done in stockinette and required a few increased stitches (which I had never done before).
I really enjoyed this project. I've never worn this type of glove before, but if you see me out in them, be sure to tell me how cool they are :)

2 comments:

humeangel's practical gluten-free said...

They look great. Please teach me how to make them.

Emma said...

Yeah you did it! they look cute and cozy:-) You are such a talented mother