Friday, January 30, 2009

My God is Amazing

I haven't been blogging, because I got a new laptop and I haven't been very good at figuring out the photo thing. But, I wanted to share something that happened in my life today.
Today I had the opportunity to sit across from a lovely young woman and to hear her heart about some situations in her life. I prayed a lot before she arrived, that God would give me words that would encourage, and that He would be glorified.
It turned out, that I was able to share a story from my own life when, God said "no" to my hearts desire and I had to submit to Him. The coolest part of the story came several years later when God revealed why He had said "no".
It felt so good share that God's ways are always perfect and that He alone can change our desires, if we will let Him. And, when He does, it's because He has something far greater waiting for us.
I am glad that today, the Lord reminded me of this time in my life. Of His awesome love and complete care for me.
I hope my story encouraged my friend, but maybe in the end, the memory was just for me.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Yeah Im glad your back to blogging:-) I missed you! As for your story I just love things like that! God is good

annamae said...

Isn't such a wonderful thing to be able to share wisdom and experience with others to glorify the Lord! If you're story is the one I think it is I've used it before myself. :D Love you mom, your the best! Thanks for being such an amazing model of what a Godly woman looks and lives her life like.