Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Thing

Just recently my dear friend, Helen Schuler had me over to teach me how to knit. I have knit before, but it's been awhile. She started me on this little hat. It's called an Easy Roll-Up Hat. It is knit on circular needles. I have knit 7 of these hats I believe. (I keep giving them away :). I like to add a vintage button on the hats for girls, I think it looks darling. One thing I love about this hat, is that it looks good on just about everyone. My son put one on and folded the rolled edge into a cuff, it looked really cool on him. I have a New Year's resolution to get better at knitting. I am listening to knit and crochet podcasts and have subscribed to a knitting website called Raverly. I would say that this makes me an old lady for sure, but as I get to know the knitting community, many of them are young! In fact, today I'm going to my friend Elisa's house to learn how to knit finger-less gloves from her, and she's young :) So much fun! I'm thinking maybe my husband and I should go to town on a date day on Saturday so I can check out the new yarn store in Fresno. Maybe I'll use my Christmas money to buy needles and yarn. I'll let you know, how it goes. Until then, be creative.

4 comments:

annamae said...

ooo I love that old blue button! :)
can't wait to see how your fingerless gloves turn out!

m haynes said...

No one told me we have a yorn store in Fresno! =)

humeangel's practical gluten-free said...

Where is this new yarn store. I hate knitting (I used to do much of it), but love crochet.

Unknown said...

I left my hat up there! :( and your not old, a guy from my favorite band of all time knits too, so, not old. :)