Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let them eat cake

First of all, this isn't Eugenie, this is Erin, I've been instructed to blog for her and so here I am, doing her bidding.
Second of all, I'm pretty sure the quote "Let them eat cake" wasn't actually about cake and was actually about brioche, no seriously, look it up.

Dustin loves carrot cake and I'm determined not to be a woman who neither cooks nor bakes so I decided I would learn and my first(on my own) endeavor was a carrot cake, from scratch. here is the recipe in case you were wondering. It took me most of 4 hours to make this cake which while it was ridiculous turned out to be worth it. The most lengthy part of this process was peeling and meticulously grating 9 carrots, it was also quite a process to 'zest' the lemon, but like I said, well worth it. Anyways I won't bore you any longer here is the outcome, although you cannot enjoy the taste from the pictures alone.



1 comment:

annamae said...

bravo poco signora!
well done! I know I can't taste it but I'm sure it was delicious. home made things almost always are. and I love the peeled carrots on top! :)